Grand Opening Celebration! Join us on Saturday, February 15th at 1:00 pm as we celebrate the completion of the Royalton Memorial Library renovation project. Come and tour the new space. Thanks to generous community support our beautiful, historic library is now an accessible, spacious, welcoming public space ready for another century of service. Light refreshments will be served.
Jason Broughton, head of Vermont state libraries will speak at the opening.
Royalton Memorial Library will formally re-open to the public on Saturday, February 15th. We will open at 10:00 am and begin the official Grand Opening Celebration at 1 pm. Free and open to the public.
The library will remain closed to the public during the renovation. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We’re down to the finishing touches! View the new slideshows and take a peek at the new space.
• Makerspace area
• Meeting room for programs and events
• Quiet area
• New, expanded area for children
• Wheelchair accessible entrance
• ADA compliant elevator
• Two ADA compliant bathrooms
• Built-in charging stations for electronic devices
• Meeting room with TV, screen display and an LCD projector
• Historical reading room
• Lighted wall display of donor plaques
The Board of Trustees and the library staff apologize for the inconvenience and we thank the community of patrons, volunteers, donors, and agencies who are working so hard to make this possible.
During the renovation
- Books and movies cannot be checked out from the library.
- Patrons can return books to the Book Drop Box outside the library.
- The 2020 schedule for Storytime with Ms. Paula will begin in February.
- D&D (Dungeon and Dragons) meets Sundays at 108 Chelsea Station, South Royalton. Please email email@example.com for times.
Patrons can download ebook and audio books available through the Green Mountain Library Consortium service.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about books and audio from GMLC, book checkouts, returns or ordering books during the renovation.