Hours & Services


Royalton Memorial Library is located at 23 Alexander Place in the village of South Royalton, Vermont.

The library is open Tuesday–Friday, noon–6pm and Saturday, 10 am–1pm.

Royalton Memorial Library provides patrons access to laptops, wifi, printing, scanning and photocopy machines. Printing and copies are .15 cents per page. The collection includes books, DVDs (children and adults), Audio Books on CD, and passes to select Vermont State Parks, Museums, and Historic Sites.

Throughout the year the library offers programs and events such as:

Story Hour every Thursday at 10am, for toddlers and preschoolers

Lego Club

Book Club for adults

Lecture Series for children and adults

Evening Events for adults

Art in the Library exhibitions & receptions

More information about all these events can be found on our facebook page or by contacting the library.

Library Closings 2018

New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1

Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 15

Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 19

Memorial Day – Monday, May 28

Independence Day – Wednesday, July 4

Labor Day – Monday, September 3

Veterans’ Day – Monday, November 12

Thanksgiving Days – Thursday, November 22/Friday, November 23

Christmas Day – Tuesday, December 25

Like us on Facebook and check our page for upcoming events!


The Royalton Memorial Library Association – a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization – has operated the Royalton Memorial Library in rural, northern Windsor County (east-central Vermont) since the early 1920s. Our free community library is located in South Royalton (pop. 694), which is the largest village in the forty-square-mile town of Royalton (pop. 2,773). Approximately 80% of our library patrons come from Royalton; the other 20% reside in neighboring towns, including Sharon (pop. 1,502), Tunbridge (pop. 1,284), and Bethel (pop. 2,030). All receive the same free-of-charge Royalton Memorial Library membership, access, and services.