Present: Bridget Taylor, Steve Hall, Phoebe Roda, Dena Wilkie, Tyler Strong
Meeting called to order 6:08 pm
- Consent Agenda
a. June and July minutes – defer to September meeting, did not have
b. July financial reports – did not have in time. Discussed having reports to the
Board by the Friday before the meeting.
c. Director’s Report- approved
- Discussed book buying process and possibility of having board members or
‘valued member’ of library pre-read books prior to shelving.
- Policies and planning-
- Strategic planning update
- “Homework” for Board members
a. #1 was Community, with creativity and diversity tied for 2 nd and
Communication, growth, empowerment, trust and respect coming in at #3.
b. Other partners to engage – new activities director at HS, new principal, EMS,
Selectboard, fire department, Brightwood.
c. Ideas: voting awareness, engagement of teenagers, health education,
mentorships, intergenerational learning
a. ? Community survey?
i. Tyler wants to go out in the community and talk to folks
- Budget priorities
- Tyler encouraging board to consider how to support our programming and
increase staff budget
- Fundraising and community outreach
- Old Home Days – went well, low stress.
- Underpass project- goal met, Tyler to make a congratulations statement in the
library, motion passed to donate $50 to the Underpass project as we are a partner.
- Annual Appeal – Send Tyler any events or special things that jump out for the
Appeal. The deadline is September 6 th .
- Soup Fundraiser – tentatively agreeing to piggy back on the Trunk or Treat which
would be 10/29 or 10/30…
- Other business
- Friends group – Dena will email Emily (CC: Fran) and the list of Friends and try
- Board Recruitment –
- Steve suggests an open meeting for people invited to possibly join Board. –
Plan for this September 6 th – Board members try to bring a possible board
member at 6 pm.
- Bridget will write up the advertisement for the newspaper/social media
October board meeting will be on Tuesday the 6 th
Motion to adjourn – 7:56 pm.