Attending: Bridgett Taylor, John Dumville, Phoebe Roda, Fran Flannery, Tyler Strong, Pam
Called to order: 6:02 pm.
- Remove minutes – need to get from Steve
- Motion/seconded/ all in favor to approve the Financial documents
Elect Officers – nomination by Fran to keep positions the same
Board President – Bridgett Taylor
Secretary – Dena Wilkie
Treasurer – Phoebe Roda
Board Procedure and Policy
- Limit to years served – have in our policy as 8 terms (term = 2 years)
- Onboard program for new board members
- Board member recruitment
Policy and Planning –
Strategic planning –
Strategic Planning –
Phoebe, Steve and Tyler will get together for systems review
Budget Planning –
- Need completed by November (voted on in December)
-Vermont Community Foundation – presentation on our current endowment done at last
- What do we want to do with the endowment?
- Capital investment?
- All in agreement to put out another doodle to determine date in mid to late August (3-4
hours) to discuss Strategic Planning and Endowment.
We’d previously discussed sending a board member to the Selectboard meetings to bring up
need for improved sidewalk with project.
- Tyler will try to attend
- Per John – no discussion of other sidewalks in town besides Chelsea street, “sidewalk from
the library would be a very low priority.”
- Tyler (and board agrees) it would be beneficial to be proactive in initiating discussion about
importance of improving our sidewalks –
- June 21 st Academy Building – 6pm – presentation on sidewalks
RML Community Yardsale-
- Next year increase $$ for tables and do not provide tables
- Consider doing weekend before VLS graduates
- Revisit shutting down side street and adding music
- Discussion around communication and role of Director in fundraisers
Tyler wants to Invest in BeanStack program
-used to log minutes for summer reading and other programs etc.
- has budget for it and will plan to purchase
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm